Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Healthy Dinners, Kids Approved

Whenever I need a break from reality I go and search on Pinterest.  Whether it be for cute outfit ideas, workouts, school projects, or recipes.  I am by far a Martha Stewart in the kitchen.  Give me glitter and glue and I can make anything happen, but in the kitchen I'm a no go.  With that being said I am always looking for easy recipes that are healthy and my picky daughter will eat.  I am trying my hardest to move our family into a clean eating family.  Wish me luck!
 
I came across a creamy cauliflower sauce that I though would be great to try out on the kids.  My daughter loves pasta and could eat it every day.  Only bad part is she doesn't like red sauce which means less opportunities to sneak vegetables into her meal.  At least I have been able to switch our pasta to whole wheat.  She will however, eat it with butter and cheese, with olive oil and cheese, or with cheese sauce and more cheese.  (If you have haven't realized she LOVES cheese.  Just like her mommy.) Long story short it was a huge success!! I didn't mention anything, just added the sauce to her pasta and sprinkled fresh Parmesan cheese on top. 

 
On top of it being kid friendly it was super easy to make.  I got the recipe from a Pinch of Yum and followed it through.  I did use the vegetable broth instead of the water and added a drizzle of olive oil.  I am sure that is why the flavor was so good. 
 
I read the comments and heard that is freezes well.  I will definitely try that next time since now I know it is a hit in the household. 

No comments:

Post a Comment