Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Starting the day off right

I have said before and I'll say it again, I am NOT a morning person.  I wake up with just enough time to get dressed and out the house.  I am one of those people who does their make up in the car. Don't worry I wait until the light is red to do anything. 

That being said, I am always trying to think of things to eat for breakfast that is quick and healthy.  My smoothies in the morning is pretty easy when I make them the night before and blend it in the morning.  Sometimes those don't work because my son is still sleeping and I do not want to wake him.  He is a pretty light sleeper.  Instant oatmeal is always an option but that gets boring after a while.  Since I gave up bread for my challenge ( I need to follow up on that in a later post) my english muffin with peanut or almond butter and agave is out. Mmmm I miss that!

Per my usual to get more ideas I turned to pinterest.  Not only did I find a few great ideas but I found a great blog by another mom.  If you haven't tried over night oats and actually like oatmeal you are missing out.  It is quick and easy and tastes amazing.  For a good recipe click here.  I took the blogger's suggestion and make it in an almost empty jar of almond butter.  OMG it was delicious.  I also picked up some of the chia seeds from Whole Foods.  I added it in the morning rather then the night before since the package said that the seeds can change the consistency of the food sometimes.  I actually liked it more added it the day of because it gave a little crunch to the oatmeal.
(The picture REALLY does not do it justice. It may not be pretty but it tastes amazing!! This coming from a picky eater)


I am going to try to make the quinoa breakfast bake next.  I'll let you know how that goes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment