Friday, June 13, 2014

Friday Favorites

I cannot believe we are already done with the second week in June.  Ever since I have had kids the year just flies by and they get older by the second.  I was looking at Madeline the other day and I swear she grew a foot.

This Sunday is Father's Day and I am very thankful for the amazing husband I have who makes an amazing father!  Last night he surprised us and bought movie tickets to see How to Train Your Dragon 2.  The kids loved it and I must say I loved it too.  I liked it even more then the first one.  

If you know me you know that I am attached to my phone.  If I am not attached to it the kids are.  Jonathan loves YouTube.  He goes on and looks at different dinosaur clips and toy reviews.  Thanks it YouTube he knows all the names of the various dinosaurs.  Last night though I left my phone at home while we went to dinner and the movies.  It was so nice to sit and eat with no one on a phone to talk and to just enjoys each others company.

I am beyond thrilled to say that I am down with school!!! After a bachelor's, a graduate certificate, and two master's I am done with school.  I finished my research paper and turned it in on Wednesday.  Next week I have to go to small conference to present it to current students.  I am not sure what I am going to do with my extra time.  Oh wait, I'm a mom, I'm sure the kids will find something to do to occupy my time.

My roommate from college turns 30 this weekend and we are all going out to celebrate.  (She actually introduced me to my hubby.)  One of our friends is flying in from New York to join in on the celebration.  It is so great when we can all get together and spend time together.  My hubby has known most of his friends since he was eight years old.  I lucked out that I got to know everyone before we even started dating and we are now just one big happy family.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend with the ones they love and a Happy Father's Day.  This Father's Day I am also celebrating my mom.  She was my mom and my dad and I like to give her a special thank you for everything she has done for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment