Thursday, June 5, 2014

Wednesday Workouts

I have been horrible this week with my posts.  It is the end of the year and as home room mom and as a mom in general I have been running around like crazy.  On the bright side I am thrilled for the month of June to be here.  I am finally able to get back into my old workout routine.  Last week my Madeline's cheer ended for a month which meant I was able to go to my Tuesday boot camp.  I'm excited now that I got through the hell which some call a workout.  

Tuesday night we had to run 800 meters in under a minute.  No problem if you didn't just have to complete five minutes worth of 30 ball slams, 30 jump squats, 30 push ups, and 30 kettle bell swings with a 25 pound kettle bell.  If you did not complete the run in under a minute you had to add 20 burpees to the end of the workout.  I feel great that I was able to complete the run in under a minute so no extra burpees.  However, right when we thought it was safe to go home the instructor informed us that we had to do 100 wall slams.  The good thing to all that torture was when I was leaving someone said they noticed that I was looking stronger!

Last Friday our boot camp consisted of four stations.  Each station lasted six minutes, alternating a minute of  of the work out and a minute of jumping jacks or jump rope.  The stations consisted of ball slams while jumping side to side, kettle bell swings, push-ups using a ten pound weight, bicep curls with 15 pound weights, and pushing the sand bags.  Technically we were supposed to pull the sand bags but my wrists were killing me.  It felt like they were going to dislocate themselves.  The instructor suggested pushing instead and said because I broke my wrist when I was younger that was probably why I was in so much pain.

What I love about all these workouts is that you really could do them at home and modify them to your level of fitness.  I post so much details for that reason.

Food wise I really didn't do to much out of the ordinary.  Saturday night we went to a local restaurant called Tap 42.  They are known for their amazing burgers and variety of beers.  If you live in South Florida definitely check it out.  Since I am not a burger eater I got the turkey burger without a bun and had them put on the toppings from another burger.  Instead of fries I had them give me a side of Brussels sprouts which while I'm sure weren't steamed I figured they were still healthier then fries.  Sunday was my Madeline's piano recital and we went to a Mexican restaurant after for lunch.  I got two corn taco's with shrimp which were amazing and not horribly unhealthy either.

We definitely eat out A LOT but I always try to make healthy choices when we do.  I tend to stick with salads with balsamic dressing but every now and then like this weekend I venture off and enjoy myself.  Hope everyone has a good rest of the week.



No comments:

Post a Comment