Friday, October 10, 2014

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday Everyone.  This week flew by, probably because I was so busy.  I felt like I didn't have enough time in the day to get everything I wanted done.  But in true mommy fashion everything worked out and things got done.

This weekend we were supposed to be heading to a friends wedding in Nashville.  I was beyond excited and could not wait to spend the alone time with the hubby.  No one says how hard the first year of law school is on the spouses or significant others.  However, the dreaded law school got in the way and we aren't going to be able to make it.  I am heartbroken that we are missing out on our friends special day but unfortunately we knew what we were getting into when the hubby signed up for law school.  We both promised that school was going to be his number priority and other things would have to come in second place.  Which is why I am forever grateful that I married him. He does an amazing job though still trying to get time in with the kids.  He gets Madeline ready in the morning so that is their time together.  Luckily the hubby doesn't have to be to work until ten so he is able to time with Jonathan before he goes to work.  I get the short end of the stick but I'd much rather him spend time with the kids then me who understands why daddy can't be around all the time.

Tonight Madeline has her Homecoming show case and she can't wait.  The theme this year is Candy and the girls are all decked out in neon colors to look like different kinds of candy.  She is also thrilled because her daddy will be there.  Its our family night where we get him for a  few hours before he heads off to study some more.  While I'm sad we wont be heading to Nashville after the show, on the bright side I'll be able to go to Madeline's game tomorrow as well.

Yesterday was my weekly trip down to Miami with my mom.  She got her wound closed yesterday which means we are one step closer to the end.  She goes again next week to have her stitches removed and we are done.  She will still need to go back monthly for injections that should help with her eye sight but that is much better then weekly visits.

Finally, I wouldn't be a mom if I didn't brag about my kids at some point or another.  I am beyond proud of my baby girl.  Not only did she do a great job during her speaking part at her class' mass but she also was sent home with the most wonderful note from her teacher.  


You know you are doing a good job as a parent when you see these things.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.  I'm looking forward to a free-ish Sunday to relax and regroup.

No comments:

Post a Comment