Friday, August 15, 2014

Friday Favorites

How is it that Friday takes so long to get here yet our weekends fly by?!  For our family it was the last week of Summer.  Madeline starts school on Monday and the Hubby starts his law school orientation on Sunday.  For at least the next year I will be a single parent.  

While I may complain and I know this next year is going to be trying I am beyond grateful that my husband will have the opportunity to go to law school.  I just need to remember on those days when I am being pulled in a million directions and he isn't able to help that this is all worth it.  In the long run it will be beneficial for our family.  This will be my mantra for the next few years.

I can't wait for this school year and to see Madeline continue to grow and learn.  I find it so special being able to see her interact with her friends and how excited she gets for everything.  This year is a special year, in second grade she will be making her First Communion.  I really hope I get the opportunity to be the home room mom again and be able to assist in this special celebration.




It is official, I am going to New Orleans for my best friend's bachelorette party! I got an amazing deal on Southwest and purchased my flight.  I cannot wait for February.  I have never been to New Orleans and am beyond excited to experience all that the city has to offer.

Last night our group of moms got together for some sushi and drinks as a way to start off the school year.  Next month is our second annual mom's weekend and it couldn't come soon enough.  I am in charge of purchasing our tumblers for the trip.  Of course I will be making my way over to Etsy to find something cute.  I found these already and seeing that they have a palm tree I think would work perfectly for us.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.  I am lucky enough not to have soccer on Sunday so we will be able to enjoy a family breakfast that does not consist of us eating in the car on our way to a game!

No comments:

Post a Comment