Thursday, March 6, 2014

Who would have thought

When I started this blog I never in a million years thought I would be posting food recipes.  I am by far a chief and still have a very long way to go.  As a family we still tend to eat out more then we stay home and eat, but I am trying to work on that. 
 
Two nights ago I made kale chips.  I bought a huge bag a week ago and I didn't want it to go bad.  I use it in my smoothies but have been seeing so many recipes for chips that I decided to give it a go.  I was very pleased with the results.  Not only was it super easy and fast but they were really good. 


 
I grabbed a bunch of kale leaves and cut out the thick stem out.  Threw them in a glass bowl added about 1/2 a teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil to the leaves and mixed them so that all leaves were coated.  I used my small convection oven to bake them which added to the convenience.   I laid them out and sprinkled kosher salt to them.  Ten minutes later they were done! Be careful with the time because they can burn.
 
Last night since it was Ash Wednesday and us Catholics aren't able to eat meat I picked up some shrimp from our local grocery store.  Public Supermarket will steam the shrimp for you and will add seasoning if you desire.  I left ours plain because my daughter is so picky.  I had some veggies in the refrigerator so I decided to make a stir-fry.  I grabbed some red and yellow peppers, mushrooms, onions, and zucchini and grilled them with chicken broth over the stove.  Tossed in the already steamed shrimp and ta-da.  Made some brown rice and called it a night. 
 
 
The kids ate the shrimp with teriyaki sauce and brown rice.  It wasn't any trouble to take a few shrimps aside and toss them in teriyaki sauce. 

No comments:

Post a Comment