Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Workout Wednesday

I thought it would be a nice incentive for me to start writing down what I do throughout the week in regards to working out and how I do with my eating habits.  This way maybe I will use my PumpUp app, the kettle bell I just made my husband buy me, and some of those workouts that I pin on Pinterest more often.
 
Work out wise I think I did a very good job this past week.  I worked out six days leaving Sunday to rest.  I used my PumpUp app once last week since I had a birthday party to go to Friday night and I didn't have time to go to the gym. The other nights I went to kickboxing. Last night I did a bootcamp class that kicked my butt.  Going up a single step feels like a struggle.  Since I really am trying to tone up rather then loose weight I want to try and switch out my Tuesday kickboxing class to the bootcamp.  The only problem with that is it is in the middle of bedtime so it is up to my husband to put our daughter to bed.  
 
As for the food.  For the most part I do good.  Breakfast for the most part is either my over-night oats or a whole wheat English muffin and my coffee. Lunch varies from a salad, green smoothie, or on the rare occasion a sandwich.  My go to snacks are hummus, plain rice cake with peanut butter, banana with peanut butter, or a fruit.  Dinner is when a vary the most and this past week we cooked a lot at home and tried several different recipes I had found on Pinterest.  Last Wednesday was the start of Lent so we made a shrimp stir-fry with brown rice.  Thursday for dinner I made a turkey and quinoa meatloaf, steamed carrots, and a salad.  Friday was another story.  I went to a South cooking restaurant and tried a little of everything.  Crab hush puppies, shrimp and grits, corn bread, collared greens. Not to mention a sweet alcoholic drink.  Saturday and Sunday nothing was out of the ordinary.  Monday we had spaghetti squash with a red sauce which had chicken sausage and zucchini in it. (Delicious!!) Last night I made a quinoa chili-also very good.  (I promise not to go through every single meal all the time.  Only when I try a new recipe.)
 
Right now I have been off of sweets for a week and I swear they pop up every where.  I tend to sneak a piece or two of some kind of sweet through out my day so I am interested in seeing if this sacrifice ends up being beneficial. 
 
We have the carnival this week and a wedding so lets see how I do next week.  Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment