Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Workout Wednesday

My goal is to get toned, build some muscle, and to eat clean. Moving my household towards a more clean way of eating is also on my priority list.  I would like to think that we ate clean about 75% of the time.  I have to be realistic; I work full time, have two children, a husband, I go to school, and I need to fit in work outs at least five times a week.  Eating clean 100% of the time just doesn't work for me.  So there are times that my kids will have chick-fil-a or have the Tyson chicken tenders (Hey at least they are made with whole wheat bread crumbs)
 
Last week I achieved my workout goal.  I worked out six days last week and did my PumpUp App routine.  I was also able to go to boot camp on Friday night and last night.  I was very proud that I made it to boot camp last night because I really just wanted to stay home with the kids and watch Frozen-not to mention my sunburn that was being rubbed by my sports bra.  Thursday night was my rest day since we had the carnival and I was still ridiculously sore from boot camp the Tuesday before.  Sunday I did a three mile run to practice for my 5K this weekend. 
 
Food wise I can't complain.  Although I must admit I think I have a small addiction to peanut butter! I'm pretty sure I over do it on a daily bases.  I easily have three to four tablespoons.  Since I can't have sweets my go to thing lately is vanilla Greek yogurt with a scoop of peanut butter. 
 
At the carnival I was good and had grilled chicken on a stick one night and a corn on the cob the other.  Staid strong and didn't touch any sweets, although the funnel cake and the ice cream cone Madeline had looked amazing.  Due to time crunches a couple of time through out the weekend I substituted a meal for a smoothie that consisted of kale, almond milk or low sugar orange juice, berries, and Greek yogurt.  We also had a lot of left overs from all the different meals I made the week before which made eating dinner much easier. 
 
My next project is to get a measuring tape to take my measurements to see my progress.  
 
Happy Wednesday Everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment