Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Workout Wednesday

Goal: To live a healthy lifestyle and to tone up.

Updates: Had a bit of a set back last week because of a pinched nerve.  Still worked out a bit but not what I am used to.

Workouts:  Monday all of a sudden I felt my shoulders tensing up.  By three o'clock I could barely move.  I went to my chiropractor and he started the adjustment process.  I went every day last week and by Thursday I was finally starting to feel relief.  I still took it easy so not to injure myself again especially because I was going to Tampa on Friday. I took the opportunity on Thursday and Friday to use some of the workouts I pinned on Pinterest.  On Thursday I did a workout that focused on the love handles because I didn't want to strain anything in my neck.  Friday I did a quick glutes work out and one called weekend warrior.  Saturday I was feeling much better and the bestie and I took a barre class at Pure Barre.  You work out the entire body with low weights and you definitely feel it the next day!  Monday I was back at it at my kickboxing class and I definitely could tell that I hadn't gone in a week.  Holy Hell! I am not looking forward taking four days off for our Disney trip in a week and a half.  Thankfully I will be walking a lot.  Last night I did my usual boot camp but went lighter on the weights.  Still got a good workout in and can feel it in my legs today.  Overall if I include those little workouts on Thursday and Friday I five days so not to bad considering a pinched nerve.

Food:  I did an ok job this past week.  Since I was out with the bestie this weekend I had more drinks then I usually do.  My realization that it wasn't too bad that I had a few more drinks then usual was that we went line dancing Saturday night and we worked up a sweat!  Food wise I didn't do too bad.  Although Sunday I ate more bread then usual and A LOT more coffee do to the lack of sleep I was experiencing.  I am trying to get back on track before we are off to Disney for Spring Break/Jonathan's birthday, so Monday night we had spaghetti squash and red sauce with turkey sausage for dinner.  It was delicious.  The kids didn't eat it had to make them plain spaghetti but it was an easy enough substitute that it wasn't too much work.  I found a recipe for sweet potato gnocchi and I am dying to try it.  Maybe this week and I can post about it next week.  

The hubby works late today so we may be having left overs tonight. 

Have a good rest of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment