Monday, May 12, 2014

Weekend Round Up

Happy Monday Everyone!! For all you moms I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day.  My weekend over all was very relaxing which was a reprieve after my crazy week.   May in general looks like it is going to be a slow month except for all the birthday celebrations.  

Friday I delivered Madeline's teachers their gifts for Teacher Appreciation week. They let me take her early since they were done with all their class work. I picked up Jonathan and dragged  went with my mom and the kids to the mall hoping to buy my hubby's birthday present before the stores got crazy with all the last minute Mother's Day shopping.  I lucked out and was able to get his gift in the first store I went into.  I was even able to do a little shopping for the children.  Summer is coming up and I wanted to stock up on t-shirts and shorts for them.  Madeline will be going to summer camp where she can wear regular clothes so I like picking up t-shirts whenever I see them on sale. 

(Inside I put a gift card and a may or may not have added a bottle of Bailey's for those extra hard days.) 

Saturday was pretty uneventful.  We went to lunch and to get a gift for my cousin and that really was the most exciting thing we did.  I started to get a sore throat Saturday night so I took some medicine which I rarely do but I really did not want to wake up on Mother's Day feeling sick.  

Sunday, thankfully I woke up feeling fine and I was able to go breakfast with the family.  We came back rested a bit and since we didn't do much Saturday I felt the need to get out of the house even though I would have loved to lay in bed all day and watch the marathon of Property Brothers that was on.  I took the kids to the pool and park to get some fresh air.  My cousin decided to combine her birthday with mothers day so we all went to my aunts house to celebrate an early birthday.


Overall it was a nice and relaxing weekend which is just what I wanted for Mother's Day.  The hubby didn't think a relaxing weekend was enough so he got me a beautiful necklace that has the children's birthdays in roman numerals.  I love anything personalized and I since it is simple enough I can layer it with other necklaces so it truly was a perfect gift for me.  


No comments:

Post a Comment